Optimize your Keywords to Follow Google Core December Updates 2020
Google usually updates and changes designs each day to improve our search results. Most of which are not noticeable but help to lead us continuously towards improvement.
Some updates are more noticeable and every business aims to confirm such updates when they feel there is actionable data that webmasters, content creators or any other might take about them. For example, when speed updates take place, IT companies gave months of advance notice and advice.
It has been reported several times in a year, Google makes significant changes in its search algorithm and system. These broad changes are term as “Core Updates”. These changes are made to ensure that they are delivering relevant and authentic content to searchers. Core Updates also put an impact on Google Discover.
Before making these Core Updates Google confirms each and everything because they typically produce notable effects. Some sites when adopting these changes may drops or gains because they might try to fix them and we want to confirm that Core Updates don’t fix wrong information. Moreover, there is nothing here to fix at all.
How to approach Google Core Updates?
There are many ways to approach Google’s core algorithm updates and each way has its worth and validity. Most people prefer to look at core updates from real content and UX perspectives. Maybe it’s all about a specific number of pages Google swap out more than it as per domain analysis. Is it true to say that this is the only approach? Definitely Not. Most certainly, the impact of an update can be at the domain level.
In simple words, we can not make any sort of definitive statement for core updates. The forthcoming analysis is merely people’s perspectives based on their evaluations.
Approach to Core Updates
What do we do when trying to analyze core updates? In a nutshell, most of them look for themes while digging at the page level. What everyone wants to know is, why Google swap one page for another on SERP. That means looking at pages that seem to have a sort of relationship with each other.
This movement of position does not always mean that a page that is in 5th position on the SERP replaces another page at the very same position. It’s a general ranking relationship-that means page A lost ranking and page B was placed into that vicinity on the SERP.
Most of the page analysis is done through content perspectives. However, this is not the only way to look at but people do it mostly to check what content one page is providing versus others? What types of pages audience are targeting? How specific is the particular page over the other? How much potential does the page have to attract users? There are a lot of questions in people’s minds when considering pages for their purposes.
Keyword Optimization is the process of researching, selecting, and analyzing unique keywords to gain significant traffic from the search engine for your website. Although, keyword Search optimization is a critical step at the beginning of search engine marketing.
If you perform bad keyword selection, it will destroy all your efforts. So, it is better to do the right keyword optimization. Also, keyword optimization is not fixed, and then forget it process. It is a continuous struggle of keyword analysis and database expansion that in turn increases your site traffic, leads, and sales.
Major Benefits of Keyword Optimization
As keyword optimization is a difficult process, site owners and marketers do not focus on spending much time over there. This is ironic that keyword optimization is the most important aspect of SEO and PPC. If you don’t optimize keywords according to your customers then there will be no sales, no traffic, and no money. Let’s look at the benefits you can have by keyword optimization:
- To drive qualified traffic to your site, you must optimize for keywords your target audience is searching for.
- By analyzing the popularity of keywords, it will guide to understand the size of the potential competitive market.
- To connect with potential customers incorporate keywords in your website content and try to fulfill their needs.
- Make a close analysis of your customer behavior by focusing on words they commonly use, by this, you can get an idea of their needs and how to fulfill them.
Where to perform Keyword Optimization?
Keyword Optimization plays the main role in every aspect of internet marketing such as content strategy, link building, organizing site content, and much more. Let’s dig in!
SEO Keyword Optimization
When discussing SEO, the success of your search effort relies on how competitive you are at researching, discovering, and analyzing the right search engine keywords for your site. Every aspect of SEO relies on successful keyword optimization.
- Title Tag: It is necessary to include a keyword in your title tag. This is the most important feature of the content on your site.
- Links: Keyword optimization should be integrated into all links such as internal links, navigational links, inbound links, etc.
- Website Content: if you want to rank high, initiate using your target keywords in your website content.
- Images: Don’t forget to optimize the target keyword in images on your website. They must be used in the image alt attribute and file name, to name some.
- Meta Description: Using optimize keywords in your meta tags, gives more clicks in searches, which is optimal.
- URL: Ensure including keywords in file name slug for SEO, just like it has been done with this URL.
- Site Structure: Keyword Optimization should be done by keeping the site structure in mind. Not only the selection of keywords is important but organizing them efficiently in your site is necessary.
PPC Keyword Optimization
Keyword optimization is not only for organic search marketing. There is great value in optimizing PPC keywords. To make your pay-per-click campaign effective, speak your searcher’s language. The more keywords you select accordingly, the more you convert visitors into customers.
- Create a list of keywords: Determine which keyword has the potential to target for your PPC marketing strategies. Different keywords have different demands and potential to drive traffic.
- Grouping and Segmentation: Keyword Optimization organizes keywords into groups that are semantically related to each other.
- Developed relevancy: The key to achieving a higher click-through rate is relevant to the seeker’s query. Advanced CTR indicates a better quality store. Optimized keywords play a role of being instrumental in proving relevancy.
- Crafting and texting: To ask searchers for clicking on your website’s ads, you need to integrate those keywords into PPC and text.
- On-Page Optimization: Focus on your site’s message it must match your offer and clear the mind of users when they land on your site. So, the optimized keywords you use in your ad text must be present on your On-Page.
Optimizing keywords for Social Media
It is a huge task in social media marketing for determining target keywords and their incorporation into your message. Guide such as Keyword Research for Social Media is a good source for determining keywords that your users are most likely to use and covers everything that includes keyword research for Youtube and Facebook.
Tools and Resources for Keyword Optimization
It is very important to select the right keyword for blogging, content, web copy, and landing page creation. Consider using the best tools and resources here for discovering unique keywords for your website.
Keywords suggesting Tools
If you are having a startup or starting your site from scratch, it can be more difficult to target keywords. There are several free tools available for discovering keywords, one of which is “The Free keyword Tool”, discover thousands of keywords here that give profitable opportunities to your site.
Keyword suggesting Resources
- Keyword Research Guide: It is a practical guide for researching target keywords.
- Comprehensive Guide to Keyword research, selection, and organization: Stoney Degeyter made it easy for you to search, analyze, target, and organize your keywords.
- Tools for local keyword research: Here is the big list of tools provided by Michael Grey for finding keywords of your interest.
- Keyword Research Master Class: Angie Nikoleychuk give guidance here on how to perform accurate keyword research.
It is most of the time hard to understand what you need to do to get back any algorithm that hits your site. When discussing Google Core Updates, it is, even more, harder to do so. What this previous data and experience have cleared us that these core updates are broad, complex, and carry many quality issues. Now if this update has been completely rolled out, so this is the time to do your data analysis and decide what will be the next step you take for managing your website.
September 23, 2020
September 2, 2020
May 8, 2019